ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Puppet Tool Problem Looses its Points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil LeBeau
Puppet Tool Problem Looses its Points
on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:36:54 pm

I have a simple arm with a hand reaching. I need to have the hand reach out and grab a flower.

When I add the puppet tool to the fingers to make them move that works - BUT the moment I move the arm, the puppet tool looses its points and it doesn't follow the position of the arm.

this is a 2d vector (ai) layer, but I will have 3d layers as well.

I tried pre comping and it does the same. I also need it to be "continuously rasterized" and that too causes a problem.

I am sure I am missing something.

Any help that you can give would be great!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Puppet Tool Problem Looses its Points
on Jan 9, 2012 at 3:14:36 pm

According to this page in the AE help [link]:
Note: Don’t animate the position or scale of a continuously rasterized layer with layer transformations if you are also animating the layer with the Puppet tools. The render order for continuously rasterized layers—such as shape layers and text layers—is different from the render order for raster layers. You can precompose the shape layer and use the Puppet tools on the precomposition layer, or you can use the Puppet tools to transform the shapes within the layer. (See Render order and collapsing transformations and Continuously rasterize a layer containing vector graphics.)
I would suggest reading the rest of the info on that page as well, as it may help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ruslan Safarov
Re: Puppet Tool Problem Looses its Points
on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:31:07 pm

Я сам уже наверное неделю искал решение для этого клюка с Puppet Tool . И вот тебе на, на этом сайте узнал что лучше не пользоватся папет тулом вместе с растрезацие слоя (Note: Don’t animate the position or scale of a continuously rasterized layer with layer transformations if you are also animating the layer with the Puppet tools. )
Зашибись.. подумал я. Просмотрел что там в хелпе написанно было, особо ничего не понял кроме порядка рендера.. и тут мне пришла идея :D

:D чтобы решить проблему используйте вместо обычного позиции, вращения, размера для слоя - эффект Трансформ!!! Таданн))

Мне помогло :) надеюсь вам тоже. Прошу прощения что не на английском - мне так привычней.
(Rus)

To fix tis AE bug - use Transform effect (standart in AE) instead of layer Position, Rotation, Size :)
Hope it help

(Eng)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]