ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Logo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack BensonLogo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:14:39 pm

Hello!

Okay, so I'm trying to have a logo on top of two different coloured polygons (let's say pink and blue) and have the logo pink when on the blue solids and vice versa.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Logo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 11:08:41 pm

you could duplicate your colored polygons but make the duplicates the opposite color (so make the pink dupe blue and the blue dupe pink). if they move, parent the each duplicate to the it's original.

then duplicate the logo and use the logo dupes as track mattes for the color dupes. if the logo moves, parent those duplicates to the original logo.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jack BensonRe: Logo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 3:39:30 pm

Hi Kevin, thanks a lot for your response!

I don't quite understand how to use the logo duplicates as track mattes for the colour dupes.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Logo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:25:50 pm

it's a bit hard to explain with words... here's picture.

this may also help us find out if i was understanding what you were after -- despite the hideousness of my design :)

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Jack BensonRe: Logo layer coloured by the opposite of each of two different coloured solids/layers
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:32:49 pm

Ah! Thank you so much for your help! Yes you do understand remarkably (as I'm sure my explanation wasn't perfect).

I'm getting there, it's just getting my head around the order of each layer, and the parenting. I'll screen shot in a minute.

And so, from there is it possible for me to have the shapes moving among each other with the logo static?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 4:38:40 pm

[Jack Benson] "And so, from there is it possible for me to have the shapes moving among each other with the logo static?"

yep.

ex: poly2-blue is parented to poly-2-pink. so animating any transform property of poly-2pink will also animate it's blue counter part (with the exception of the opacity property, which does not get linked with parenting).

same for poly1-pink and poly1-blue. in this case pink is parented to blue, so animating blue will effect pink too.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:11:27 pm

Brilliant! I can't thank you enough. I'm going to try and add multiple shapes now and start animating them. Thank you again Kevin!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]