ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

No "Cineform Quicktime" output from After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas UrraNo "Cineform Quicktime" output from After Effects?
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 9:34:10 pm

I am currently evaluating Cineform for an After Effects > Premiere back and forth workflow. Since we are working on both, Win7 and MacOS we need output to MOV files.

Right now I am testing on Win7, Adobe CS5.5, and have just installed the trial of Cineform Neo.

The problem is, from within After Effects I cannot export "Cineform Quicktime", there is only "Cineform AVI". Is this a bug or normal?

When chosing the regular formats "AVI" and "Quicktime" there is only an "GoPro Cineform HD/4K/3D" option. But this cannot be configured to Low/Medium/High etc.

From within Premiere Pro I can export both "Cineform AVI" as well as "Cineform Quicktime".

I did run the "Fix After Effects" script that came with Cineform Neo and did set my project to 16bit as described in the ReadMe. However, "Trillions of colors" as color depth for output is not available, which should be chosen according to the ReadMe.

Is there something wrong in After Effect?

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: No "Cineform Quicktime" output from After Effects?
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:05:26 pm

normally from ae, if you wanted to render a quicktime, you would choose quicktime as the format, then choose the codec from the format options.

but since that did not give you the options you needed, you might try choosing file>export and see if cineform quicktime is an option there. it's not the approved method, but i have found that some formats can only be exported form ae.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Thomas HoneymanRe: No "Cineform Quicktime" output from After Effects?
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 11:11:04 pm

MMMM.. I can't seem to find it either. I'm on a mac. Premiere Pro has it but not after effects.

Return to posts index

Kim Krohn BerleRe: No "Cineform Quicktime" output from After Effects?
by on May 2, 2012 at 11:57:10 pm

You must locate the MediaCoreQT XML file on your machine and insert a couple of lines to enable Trillions of Colors with the QT - Cineform HD/2K/4K - codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved