ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Photo Montage Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyPhoto Montage Effect
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 1:22:25 pm

I need to display a bunch of photos and have the camera pan out to make a logo. I'm sure you've seen this done plenty of times with a music artists face being used. I don't know what this is called or what the best way to tackle this would be. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Photo Montage Effect
by on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:16:20 pm

First I would probably make a comp twice as wide as I needed and create my picture montage. Creating it so that it fills the entire screen.

I would drop that in my final comp, underneath the logo layer. Now I would animate the logo from completely zoomed in(so one letter completely fills the screen) to it's final position. Now take the precomped photos and scale them down to a little larger than the logo and parent them to the logo. Change the pictures track matte to the logo.

Last I would duplicate the logo over the other two layers and animate it's opacity over the time the logo is scaling.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved