ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Small file size needed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor JohnSmall file size needed
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 1:02:57 am

I have a 55 minute sound file that is 38 megs. I brought one image and the 55 minute sound file in After Effects and rendered out an .mov. The file came out to over 4 gigs. I tried 8 frames per second and the worst quality image setting and still the file is too large. Any suggestions on getting this file size down? I need an .mov as my final output and would prefer the final file to be no larger than 40 megs. The image is still with no movement. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

steve agriosiRe: Small file size needed
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 1:57:21 am

It's good that you have a High Q. Master rendered file.
Now u can use any 3rd part converter-transcoder or adobe media encoder.
I like to use the TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works.
You can choose the desired output file size.
But since its a video file 40mb final size for 55min sounds way assuming!
Maybe you should try the Motion JpgB in QT menu/ under Low video quality..

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Small file size needed
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:08:53 am

A little more information would be helpful. What is the resolution of the project(HD, SD). What codec did you use that came out at 8 gig?

Also, since you are looking for a small file size, should we assume this is for web delivery?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Small file size needed
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 11:26:35 am

AE is not the best at compressing files. You can use a HQ master like it was suggested to compress using a software like Adobe Media Encoder, or you can open the AE project in Encoder, select your comp and compress directly. You can choose a f4v or flv container for web or even a H264 preset.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved