ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Simple question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ThorneSimple question
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 10:35:01 pm

Hello everyone,

A quick question I was wondeing if someone could help;

Is there a tool in after effects for telling AE to only apply an effect to a certain area - something like the pen tool but one that doesn't make the rest of the composition disappear.


Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Simple question
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 11:33:36 pm

Under layers add an adjustment layer and add the effect, now you use the pen tool on the adjustment layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David ThorneRe: Simple question
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 1:05:58 am

Thanks man

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved