ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How did they do this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate tullHow did they do this?
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 5:28:52 pm

I know how to do the graphics part of this but how did they shoot it? Is he touching a piece of glass? How we're they able to keep finger smudges from showing up?
Our company is wanting to do something similar for a client and Im needing to get some advice on technics. Thanks in advance.
http://gamesforbrands.com/

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 5:39:45 pm

No need for a piece of glass- a good storyboard, a few practice runs and some good direction can get the job done. Tracking and good gfx will complete the illusion. In certain instances you can add practical fx on the talent (lights that will spill on the hand or the talent as an event lights up on the holographic gui).
Here's what I did using the things mentioned above:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Nate tullRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:01:55 pm

sweet. I was wondering about the glass because it looks like his fingers are pushed against a surface some of the time. Thanks!

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:32:27 pm

You can fake that using Mesh Warp or use a lot of glass cleaner and have your talent wash their hands with home made soap (it leaves the skin dry for a while after washing).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Nate tullRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:15:20 pm

thanks. we are going to try a few different experiments soon to acheive the best results. thanks for the input.

N8Pro1

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 1:33:09 pm

There's also some fairly heavy depth of field blurring that could help hide smudges on the glass, if you went that route

http://www.stephenblacker.com

Return to posts index

Kevin CaminRe: How did they do this?
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 10:23:10 pm

I bet they used plexiglass. It has that look to me. That would also take care of minor finger print problems.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]