ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 Width Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andro Klein GunnewiekAE CS4 Width Problem
by on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:20:03 pm

Hello,

I am currently working on a project en was encountering the following problem:

I am working on a EP album and wanted to make an intro for it (using the Photoshop cover that I made).
This cover is 500x500 px.
The intro movie i made is 1080x720 px.
So I imported the photoshop file and started a new composition with the given resolution.
The text (from the phototshop file) is 500x500 I placed it down at a place I liked (just right in the middle).
For now everything is okay, but when I started applying effects I ended up with an effect that started on the edge of the 500x500 text instead of the edges (width) from the 1080x720 composition.
Please also watch the screen capture I made to see the problem.

How can I add a translusant area to both sides, so that the effect covers the whole composition?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE CS4 Width Problem
by on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:31:02 pm

What effects are you applying. Is the layer you are applying them to a precomp or just a flat layer? Does that layer have only text on it or does it have a background as well. There is no screenshot in your post but that would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Andro Klein GunnewiekRe: AE CS4 Width Problem
by on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:51:45 pm

The effect is a reversed shatter. the layer has only the "text" as surface...in between it's translusant. I want to scale the "layer"(text) to the edges without disturbing/scaling the text/image
here is the screencapture

Return to posts index

by on Jan 1, 2012 at 6:56:44 pm

I want to push the effect text (500x500) to the edges of the composition without resizing the text/image.
Here is the screenshot

Return to posts index

by on Jan 1, 2012 at 7:39:20 pm

Select the text layer and go to layer>pre-compose and choose "leave all attributes..." option and also check "open new composition". In the pre-comp, go to composition>composition settings and set the dimensions to match those of your main comp (1280x720?).

HTH

Return to posts index

by on Jan 1, 2012 at 10:44:30 pm

It Worked!
Thanks for helping me out!

Cheerz

Return to posts index

by on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:10:43 am

Great! Glad to help.

Return to posts index