ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unable to render time remapped audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes FletcherUnable to render time remapped audio
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 4:03:50 am

Hello, I'm using AE CS5 on a windows 7 machine and I'm having a strange problem.

I have a small clip that I've time remapped using key frames. The video and audio slow down and then speed up. All looks good when I RAM preview. But when I render, AE locks up at frame 1 until eventually I get this error

I've tried many different render settings. The render will only go smoothly if I uncheck audio output. If Audio output is checked After Effects will lock up at frame one until I get the error. But I need that remapped audio!

your help is greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Unable to render time remapped audio
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:52:21 pm

What format is your audio in? AE does not like mp3 compression. It would be best to export your audio in an uncompressed format, bring in as a separate layer, precomp your Time Remapped layer leaving all attributes, go in the precomp, turn off audio on the layer and add the uncompressed audio layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Wes FletcherRe: Unable to render time remapped audio
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 7:25:30 pm

The audio is wav
If I precomp the time remapped layer, turn its audio off, then add the wav on its own separate track, then the audio wont have the time remapped effect that I want and doesn't fit the clip.

If I time remap the wav on its own (or even with the entire video track removed), AE will have the same lock up problem and eventually pop up the error.

I've tried converting the audio to many different formats only to yield the same result. I've also tried the same time remapped effect on other video and audio files and got the same result.

I am not using OpenGL during renders.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate this and hope to get it sorted out

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Unable to render time remapped audio
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 5:35:10 pm

Also: if you're trying to use Open GL to accelerate rendering (previews are OK), don't.
Adobe employees don't use it, and neither should you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Wes FletcherRe: Unable to render time remapped audio
by on Jan 1, 2012 at 12:43:57 am

I'm not using it. Good to know, thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Unable to render time remapped audio
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 2:51:52 pm

Have you updated your version of AE? Do!
Have you installed a codec pack such as K-lite? DON'T!!!
Have you tried saving your RAM preview? (Composition>Save RAM Preview). I mean, since your RAM preview's working, might as well just grab it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]