Dan FredleyTime-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:24:50 pm

For all who love keyboard shortcuts:

Under ["CSwitchboard"] in the Shortcuts file add the following:

Mac:
"TimeReverseKeyframes" = "(Option+G)"

PC:
"TimeReverseKeyframes" = "(Alt+G)"

Or add whatever shortcut you want using the script KeyedUp to check usage. I've only tested this on CS5.5 so no guarantee.

For more details on how to change the shortcut file see this thread:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/998634

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:15:57 pm

I'm a shortcut nut and I also use the time-reverse keyframes function a lot so this is great! I had no idea you could add your own shortcuts so easily. Thanks for sharing!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 2:48:22 pm

Great tip. Thanks, Dan!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sney NooraniRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 8:25:20 pm

thank you so much! I've been wanting a keystroke for time-reverse keyframes forever!

however I want to know how you worked out the command to put in? "TimeReverseKeyrames" it's an addition to the hotkey list, not a modification, so how did you work out the exact syntax?

cheers!

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:33:31 pm

Trial and error. It was just a lucky guess and it worked.

Return to posts index

John SmithRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Aug 12, 2013 at 1:25:56 pm

I am using CS5.5, but there is no such file as Shortcuts.txt, looked in exact user folder location, also looked in main preferences folder. Searched entire computer, and the only file that comes close is for Photoshop. There is in fact no Adobe folder in preferences at all, and no file located in the previous sub-folder layer or elsewhere.

So I can't change the details as no such file exists anywhere, there are no hidden files either.

2.4ghz 12 core Mac Pro 2012, 32GB DDR3 DIMM Registered ECC, Maverick OS.X DP4 (yes risky running a BETA system, but Mountain Lion is awful, and the performance of Maverick is a lot better than Lion)

Return to posts index

Dan FredleyRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Aug 12, 2013 at 3:36:46 pm

Do a search in Finder for file name "after shortcuts" and add the filter "System files" "are included". The file you're looking for should be ""Adobe After Effects 10.5 Shortcuts"--drop the txt extension. I've never used Mavericks before so I'm not sure what to tell you beyond that.

Return to posts index

John SmithRe: Time-Reverse Keyframes Keyboard Shortcut
by on Aug 12, 2013 at 7:25:16 pm

hmmmmm curious, I couldn't find that file anywhere, so ended up downloading some more scripts from Adobe website, one of them allows you to modify existing keyframes via a script called "KeyEd Up.jsx", though doesn't seem to show menu functions that don't have short-cuts already assigned. So, I then told the script to save a short-cuts file to my desktop, then I added the said text (from you), and then told it to merge the files.... this worked.

Adobe Scripts: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid...

Somewhat long winded! ... though for some reason after doing this ridiculous song and dance I actually tried looking for the file manually rather than searching for it. And there it was, right where it was said to be. Yet the search did find an old version of this file from a backed-up Leopard account. But failed to find anything from my backed up Lion or Mountain Lion accounts or indeed the file in the current system. I've noticed odd behaviour like this quite recently when using the search box in the finder window. Not sure if this is a glitch with using Mavericks (quite likely) or if it exists in Mountain Lion as well. Main reason I moved to Mavericks was due to problems with Mountain Lion. Highly unstable operating system, so I thought I would try going forwards before going back to Lion, as my computer seemed to be under-performing on Lion.

Found my way around most problems in Mavericks, and there are actually some good and practical improvements, so have been very reluctant to go back, FCPX and AE do perform faster as well. Though the main instability I had with Mountain Lion has persisted with Mavericks. Though I think this is bad programming with a DigiDesign plug-in for the MBox 2 Pro firewire audio interface. Though it didn't cause kernel panics and system resets in Lion, just some not so problematical glitches. Anyway, this is off subject!

Thanks for feedback.. all works now

2.4ghz 12 core Mac Pro 2012, 32GB DDR3 DIMM Registered ECC, Maverick OS.X DP4 (yes risky running a BETA system, but Mountain Lion is awful, and the performance of Maverick is a lot better than Lion)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]