ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Missing Frames In PNG Sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard ChristyMissing Frames In PNG Sequence?
by on Dec 26, 2011 at 7:01:40 pm

I need to export a comp to use as a pre-rendered sequence in another AE project.

So, I export the comp as a PNG sequence with no issues. However, when I import it as a PNG sequence as "footage" (with the footage box checked) the sequence actually seems shorter than the original.

When I compare the two, the pre-rendered PNG sequence is clearly shorter in the time-line than the original and plays faster in the monitor.

What could cause this when exporting and how do I correct it as I have sound effects that are dependent on the timing of this clip, so it can not change.

Return to posts index

Richard ChristyRe: Missing Frames In PNG Sequence?
by on Dec 26, 2011 at 7:17:39 pm

Figured it out with a little playing around. My original comp as 25FPS and the new PNG Sequence was being interpreted as 30FPS. Changed that and it matches perfectly.

FYI for anyone having this issue in the future.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Missing Frames In PNG Sequence?
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:14:56 pm

You can change the default frame rate for new imported image sequences in Preferences > Import > Sequence Footage. As you noted, regardless of this setting, you can set an image sequence's frame rate by selecting an item and using Interpret Footage (Cmd-Opt-G on a Mac, Ctrl-Alt-G on Windows).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved