ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

random lines accumulating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Schelarandom lines accumulating
by on Dec 25, 2011 at 11:57:36 pm

Hey guys,

I have a wondered how I can create a random lines animation staring with few and growing in huge numbers until the screen is filled.
it's an animation like this (the red lines)->

with no third party plugins, if possible.

I tried out something with the effects Beam, or created a thin square and tried out some expressions on motionscript.com, but nothing seems to work properly.

any kind of help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Sarah SchelaRe: random lines accumulating
by on Dec 26, 2011 at 1:36:08 am

found this helpful explanation of the random behavior which works well.
but I need to get to leave the lines without moving but stay at the start position, but this should work.
gonna try out with expression writing though I have not much experience with it.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: random lines accumulating
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 3:42:54 pm

It was a holiday recently for many parts of the world. In case you are wondering why there hasn't been a response to you.

To answer your question, there are several ways to get what you describe (I can't see your example due to restrictions on the network where I work). I would think a particle system would be good. Large emitter (or a swiftly, randomly moving emitter) with no velocity to the particles and an image of a line as a custom particle should do the trick. There are several particle systems that come free with AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sarah SchelaRe: random lines accumulating
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:06:04 am

oh yes, it worked! I used Particle Playground, because the CC ones don't allow any customization of shapes.

thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate the forum of creative cow. very helpful and fast reply always.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: random lines accumulating
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:14:28 am

The CC ones actually do allow custom particles, but that doesn't matter because you found something that works. Glad you found it!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]