ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Photoshop 'Actions' plugin for AE? or similar . .

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy jonesPhotoshop 'Actions' plugin for AE? or similar . .
by on Dec 23, 2011 at 9:27:37 pm

Hi, as a user of Photoshop and After Effects, I find the 'Actions' in photoshop handy. In AE I am adding the same effects again and again to many clip in many projects, and it would be great to 'record' what I'm doing and then 'play' it on a clip.

I know scripting can do this, but I'm pretty hopeless at anything like code, so I was wondering if there is a plugin that can record and play your actions back, or a way to record your actions as a script easily.
Thankyou and Merry Christmas!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Photoshop 'Actions' plugin for AE? or similar . .
by on Dec 24, 2011 at 10:25:09 am

Here's some great resources for info about scripting and to find scripts:

Dan Ebberts would be the best place to start:

Another good resource:

And of course Adobe:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Photoshop 'Actions' plugin for AE? or similar . .
by on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:14:54 pm

Yeah, I'd love to see that feature or something like it added to AE. My 3D app, Softimage, has a really cool way of doing that. It has a script panel that you can open that just writes the scripting code for everything you do in real time and then if you want to recreate something you can just select the code from the script panel and drag it to a custom tool palette where it automatically creates a button that you can name whatever and then just press it and it will run the script and repeat all of the steps for you.

I would also love to see a node-based expressions system similar to Softimage ICE where you could just connect different nodes that do different things together to build your expressions rather than writing all of the code every time. Check out these videos to see how ICE works:
ICE: An Artist Tour #1
ICE: An Artist Tour #2

I'm going to submit both of these as feature requests so if anyone is interested in this feature please do the same.

Return to posts index

guy jonesRe: Photoshop 'Actions' plugin for AE? or similar . .
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:51:51 pm

thanks to both the answers, looks like it's scripts for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved