ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing 2 Videos Together Tracking Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Landon Allred
Compositing 2 Videos Together Tracking Question
on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:15:39 pm

First off not to make excuses I am relatively new to motion graphics and video editing. I have a Youtube channel that I run that is based around video games and gaming. I recently got an idea to do a parody video of one game making fun of another game. So basically what I am looking to do is "or what I think I need to do" is be able to track one scene from one game so I can insert the footage from the other game into that scene. Now forgive me if I am wrong but is this something that would be done with motion tracking like Mocha Pro\ PFtrack or something simlar. Or am I overthinking this and making it harder then it needs to be? I will need to be able to match up perspecive and I am able to record the scene from one of the games at any view since there is a way to review the game and use a free flying camera. Thanks for taking the time to look at this post and I appreciate any feedback or insight to this question.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Compositing 2 Videos Together Tracking Question
on Dec 22, 2011 at 7:43:33 pm

If you leave the camera still, there's no need for any tracking.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Landon Allred
on Dec 22, 2011 at 7:49:08 pm

Any other input? Cause the camera will be moving in a pan direction.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brandon Fenty
on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:20:49 am

Seems simple enough...use the motion tracker feature on the layer that you want to track, and apply the track to a new null object. Then, parent the footage that you want to overlay to the null object, and line it up. The inserted footage will 'stick' to the original footage. This works best if motion is only in the x/y dimension, and not moving forwards or back.

Return to posts index

Landon Allred
on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:41:02 am

Thanks for the input Brandon, which tracker would you recommend? Also what if there is a little moving back and forth in the pan? I tried my best to pan as stead as I could with the free floating camera however it might not be a perfect X and Y pan.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 23, 2011 at 2:45:36 pm

You can use whichever tracker gives you the best results. I'd start with AE's built in tracker and, if it's not working for whatever reason, use Mocha.
Also, you don't have to make it a smooth pan. If have to track it, you're tracking it - smoothness won't matter.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brandon Fenty
on Dec 23, 2011 at 4:05:33 pm

Sorry it took a little longer to get back to you...what Michael said :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]