ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Interlacing Question for AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben WalkerInterlacing Question for AE
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:58:51 pm

I'm creating some motion graphics for display on television and the final timeline will consist of other pre-rendered videos I've made.
My question is, should I render the smaller videos that will make up the final timeline interlaced OR render only the final timeline output interlaced? If I've rendered some of the smaller mov's with interlacing will that have an effect on the final product if I have to render it with interlacing too?

Thanks in advanced.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Interlacing Question for AE
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:06:14 pm

If you're delivering for interlaced display, sure. Be sure to Interpret Footage > Separate Fields for all your imported interlaced videos and enable field rendering.

On the other hand, if don't have any footage that has to be interlaced, you could deliver a progressive video and reduce the chance of a reversed-field problem on broadcast. I see reversed fields on broadcast TV (in the New York market!) on a near-daily basis, and it makes me cringe.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Interlacing Question for AE
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 4:01:21 pm

Yup, I'm with Walter: you need to know your delivery specifications in advance so you can plan the proper workflow in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved