ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS4 rendering issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David RoffmanCS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:26:11 pm

I have been working on my demo reel and now it skips rendering. The final outcome is a .mov that hesitates and then skips over a large portion of the 1:30.
I am using a MacPro 2006-2007 (1,1 which only has the dual core)
Am I being unrealistic in thinking that I can accomplish rendering my demo reel on it?
I upgraded my RAM to 15G, but still won't work.
HELP!!

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:17:07 pm

What sort of file are you trying to render to? What resolution?

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:36:06 pm

Sounds like you rendered a lossless file. Don't sweat it.

Your hard drive can't keep up with the high bitrate of that lossless file. It's choking on it. Happens all the time.

The fix: use that lossless file in a compression application like Adobe Media Encoder to make the file that you'll deliver; it will probably be an h.264 file. Play the new file with satisfaction.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David RoffmanRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:42:24 pm

Thanks Dave -- much appreciated

I'm about to us Adobe Media Encoder as per your suggestion, but I'm a little confused as to the proper settings to use once inside AME. For the Format I'm using h.264, but what should I use for the preset? It defaults to NTSC DV High Quality.

Also I'm having difficulties discerning the method of output. Under Export Settings it shows my source as 960x540 with an output of 720 x 480. Is that what h.264 does?

I've been using Compressor up to this point, but now in my quest to switch to an all Adobe workflow, I'd really like to start using Adobe Media Encoder.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 7:39:58 pm

You can specify anything you want as far as H.264 goes (within the limits of the codec, of course).

You're going to want to change the frame size to match your source (unless you're shrinking it for some reason and/or if you're changing the pixel aspect ratio). You'll also want to play with the data rate for the video and the data rate for the audio. This is where the dance begins - image quality vs. file size: GO! Don't forget to hit the radio button for two encoding passes instead of one.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:02:19 pm

To back up what Dave said, read this entry on Adobe's site: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

David RoffmanRe: CS4 rendering issue
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 6:17:00 pm

I'm following the link now - thanks - It's very helpful - great link! (leading to other great resources)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]