ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS5.5 Warp Stabilizer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy RubinAE CS5.5 Warp Stabilizer
by on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:02:27 pm

I'm using the warp stabilizer and occasionally it will crop the image, leaving black bars around the edge. It does this even when I have the autoscale option on. Has anyone else had this problem and do they have a solution? I'm thinking right now I will just scale the footage.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AE CS5.5 Warp Stabilizer
by on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:37:24 pm

i don't have warp stabilizer, so i can only offer something to try, but it sounds like cc repetile might help. it can help to extend the edges of a frame (up, down, left, right) and you can set it to 'unfold' which will usually help to hide the seams.

you might try adding it prior to warp stabilizer in the effect order.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: AE CS5.5 Warp Stabilizer
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 1:04:42 pm

The black edges are the sides of the frame (where the footage has been moved around by w-s.) I'm still using CS4 so I don't have warp-stabilizer, but I've done this with other stablilzing software:

Duplicate the stabilized layer and place it behind your main footage, then offset it several frames or more in either diretion. The duplicated layer fills in the edges with similar enough material that it becomes un-noticeable. Sometimes this works better if the duplicated layer is not stabilized, so the w-s footage is moving around on top of the un-stabilized image.

Return to posts index

Darin GriffithRe: AE CS5.5 Warp Stabilizer
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 3:02:15 pm

Make sure you have selected the option "Stablize, Crop, Autoscale" under the Borders section.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved