ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Avid MC6 -> AE CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy RubinAvid MC6 -> AE CS5.5
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 2:38:21 pm

I'm looking to take my entire sequence from Avid and take it into After Effects. I know there is the plugin from Boris but I don't want to spend the $300. I was wondering if there is a work around. I want the sequence in After Effects so that each clip is on it's own layer (which is why I don't just export a quicktime). Using automatic duck I get this error.

The effects I have on the footage are timewarp (I've tried this with both fields rendered and fluidmotion) and CC. When I look at the footage in AE certain clips are stuck like freeze frames.

A thought I had was exporting an EDL and bringing it into premier but after some research it looks like I would have to relink the clips one by one. I also don't know if the effects that I have on the footage would remain in tact.

On a side note, when I was exporting an AAF I tried consolidating all of the media. It ended up not working, and I wanted to confirm that deleting the master clips and associated media files wouldn't affect my original mxf files. My understanding is that when I consolidate it generates new media.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Avid MC6 -> AE CS5.5
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 4:09:34 pm

Remove the offending effect you applied in Avid.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved