ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Really Bizarre Issue with After Effects project.Not sure what to do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danille Gauvin
Really Bizarre Issue with After Effects project.Not sure what to do?
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:35:47 pm

Hi there,

I am completely new to this software and after an exhaustive search for any troubleshooting, I decided to post here!

My project is fairly simple, I wanted to give a static image of mine a candlelight flicker light effect. I figured out the wiggle expression and everything seemed to be going well in the project window.

However, when I took to rendering it, the finished movie displayed the effects working perfectly, but the image was distorted!

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Really Bizarre Issue with After Effects project.Not sure what to do?
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:50:46 pm

There aren't any effects applied to your still, so you couldn't have inadvertently used the Skew effect. I'm left with concluding that you have Open GL acceleration enabled for rendering, which is almost always a bad thing.

Adobe employees don't use it, so you should turn it off if it's on.

But if you're really new, and you're trying to go it alone, there is help available and you really should take advantage of it:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

You might be able to dope out how to insert a table into a Microsoft Word document just from the Help section. But as surely as day follows night, trying to learn AE without good training materials -- plus beginning at the beginning -- is a sure recipe for wasting time, frustration, and overlooking valuable features.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Really Bizarre Issue with After Effects project.Not sure what to do?
on Dec 14, 2011 at 10:01:34 pm

I've never seen that happen before. It's even wrapping the image around to the other side where it goes out of frame. I'm not sure what would cause that problem but I would agree with Dave that you may have something set wrong in the render settings. If you want to reset everything to defaults and see if that fixes it you can trash the preferences file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]