ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting from After Effects CS5 is a problem.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fab Capelier
Exporting from After Effects CS5 is a problem.
on Dec 14, 2011 at 6:54:54 pm

I just did some Chroma Keying in AE 5.5 using Keylight. The two AVI files I used as forground and background are Cineform NEO codec AVI files (1920 X1080). Now I need to put the work back on the Premiere Timeline. I can't.

There is no way to export in Cineform codec (or any other codec of my choosing).

When saving the work into a Premiere project from AE, I simply can't open it in Premiere as it tells me Premiere can't handle Keylight.

Since I can neither export an AVI nor transfer with a project, how am I supposed to use whatever work I do in AE?

PS: I don't have the Production Suite. Just AE CS5 and Premiere CS5. So how do I go back and forth between the two? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting from After Effects CS5 is a problem.
on Dec 14, 2011 at 7:05:28 pm

What happens when you add the comp to the AE Render Queue?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fab Capelier
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:31:40 pm

I don't know what you mean by Render Queue. I want to export in Cineform codec.

However I only get three export options:

Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player Professional
Adobe Premiere

If I export to Adobe Premiere it will create a premiere project file which premiere won't be able to open as Premiere will say it does not have the Keylight plug in.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2011 at 9:39:52 pm

[Fab Capelier] "I don't know what you mean by Render Queue."

Then it's high time to read all about it:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Not knowing about the Render Queue also implies that a visit here may be well worth your while, too:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 14, 2011 at 10:44:04 pm

[Fab Capelier] "PS: I don't have the Production Suite. Just AE CS5 and Premiere CS5. So how do I go back and forth between the two? Thank you."

I agree with all Dave's advice.

One thing to add: you will read about a lot of people here using "Dynamic link" to connect between AE and PrP -- but dynamic link requires the suite and is not available when installing the two products individually.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Fab Capelier
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:35:17 am

Wait a minute doc. Are you telling me that if I used Dynamic link, I ould export from Premiere?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 15, 2011 at 2:14:01 pm

With Dynamic Link you can place After Effects compositions in Premiere and render out of Premiere. You can also place After Effects compositions directly in the Adobe Media Encoder.

Even without Dynamic Link, you can import Premiere projects into After Effects which is a huge time-saver for me.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 15, 2011 at 2:34:51 pm

[Fab Capelier] "Wait a minute doc. Are you telling me that if I used Dynamic link, I ould export from Premiere?"

With Dynamic Link, you could load your AE comp directly in Premiere as an asset, and a change in AE would automatically be reflected in Premiere. However, since you don't have the suite, dynamic link isn't an option for you.

The root of your problem here is terminology. I understand that you want to get your finished video out of After Effects, but AE doesn't call this "exporting." It calls this process "rendering," which is why Dave referred you to the documentation for the render queue.

I'm sure you're under a tight deadline, but if you're new to AE, you're still going to have to learn to walk before you can run. When you have a few spare moments, start working through the resources in Dave's second link -- then all of this will make a lot more sense.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]