ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pivot point is not in middle any more / rendering starts whole time over

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio Sweet
Pivot point is not in middle any more / rendering starts whole time over
on Dec 14, 2011 at 1:23:01 pm

Hi There every one,

How are you all doing, i hope and pray just fine.
Ready for christmas, dont for CHRiST-mas, God bless and enjoy your time!!

I have 2 questions..

First, i just dont know how en when it happens, but suddenly if i type text, my pivot point is in the left corner beneath... and i didn't did that myself, but now it is staying there all the time and i have to adjust it each time for each word, sometimes i forget and if i have animate the word and i change the pivot point my whole animatie is messed up. Can any one help me s.v.p.?? I get crazy from that...

The second quiestion is...

And i knwo my laptop isnt suited for AFX CS4 ( HP pentium dual core 1.6 / 3.5 gb ram )
I dont now how but this happen, but ""normaly i render something, and whe is finneshd i can watch it every time again again, even if i stop it while playing..and i dont change or adjust anything in the comp.. beacause it is renderd i can watch over and over like said.
But now i render it out, look at it and if i stop it like it was playing ... and i want to look at it agian it must render it allover again?? does some one no why ??

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Pivot point is not in middle any more / rendering starts whole time over
on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:54:41 pm

After Effects text defaults to having the pivot point on the left. To change that, you can go into the Paragraph settings and click on the icon which shows centered text. This will put your pivot point in the middle. I don't know if it will maintain that setting when you create a new text box, but you might be able to go into the preferences file and change it.

One question about the rendering - are you using the "render to RAM" feature, or just hitting the spacebar. The render to RAM can be done by hitting the zero key on your number pad. This will render your workspace (or as much as your RAM permits)to RAM, and you will be able to play it over and over without re-rendering.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:02:25 pm

Thanks thanks... yessss now that you say i remember i had to change the text settings to the left, from the centerd text, oke now i understand, thanks.

for the ram previeuw i use the button that is in my right upper corner, you know, you can change there the, skip frame and push the play button and another button is like the play button to go 1 frame further...

I just not know what happend to my settings.. and why i just have to rampreview over and over after stopping.. very annouing

Thank

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on Dec 15, 2011 at 8:46:36 am

Oke i have done that and put it in the center allignmend, (it was indeed on the left ) but now it is centerd in middlle BUT not middle middle but middle donw at the bottom of the text ?? adn i looked every were also in the general setting but i just dont see a button to change it in the middel??????

Any sollutions??

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 15, 2011 at 2:09:30 pm

You can either precompose the text and move the precomp's anchor point to wherever you want it most or you can adjust the baseline of the text so that it sinks into the anchor point.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:30:32 pm

That render starting over again sounds a bit odd. When did it start doing that? Have you restarted the computer? Have you updated to the latest CS4? What sort of footage is in your comp? (H.264 causes all kinds of weird things with CS4 and earlier versions of AE.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on Dec 14, 2011 at 3:40:22 pm

I dont now since last week i think maye earlier.. bu now i noticed..

If you render and it is finished you see the green balk.. so if i play it it is goodd it starts automaticly over.. but when i stop it or just click any where in my afx screen, you see the green is scatterd and some peacec are still green and some not.. so if i play the render button it starts rendering fully again...

The only video format i am using now is NO video .. lol.. ooo whaitt i am using PNG files BUTTT i have a avi file (wich i converted from FLV, because AFx wouldnt wante to play the FLv, just dont get that some times it plays FLV and sometine it gives error), but beside that .. no video nothing more.. i just use the video file for the music, eye switch is off.. only music..

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 14, 2011 at 5:19:36 pm

Um, it really sounds like you'd benefit greatly from a trip -- and an extended stay -- to the following web page:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]