ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects seems to take a long time to render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rod fieldAfter effects seems to take a long time to render
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 8:35:21 am

After effects seems to hang or take a long time to render, I took a look at the resource monitor on windows 7 and then took a look at the wait chain on the after effects.exe and got the message 'one or more threads of after effects.exe are waiting to finish network i/o, the box underneath that read 'after effects.exe (PID:8216) Thread: 7216. Does anyone know what that means and how to get after effects.exe to run normally ?

Return to posts index

hosein alfaRe: After effects seems to take a long time to render
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 1:20:47 pm

go to preference and change option "Multiple render"

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After effects seems to take a long time to render
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:14:31 pm

Are you rendering to QuickTime? AE does use the network stack to get around the lack of 64-bit QuickTime support by communicating with a 32-bit QuickTime helper application.

If this is the problem, make sure your firewall is allowing QT32Server.exe, or try rendering to AVI.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Shayan KhaliqRe: After effects seems to take a long time to render
by on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:19:16 am

I realize this is an old post but putting this up for any readers that stumble here with the same issue.

Seems this is caused by CPU performance (or lack of it) I noted that my CPU usage for both cores (Task Manager > Performance) jumps to about 65% whenever i make a small change to the Comp. (adding effects etc). It takes easily about 20-25 secs to render. I'm using an AMD X2 250 dual core, with 4GB ddr3 RAM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]