ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fish eye from two shot camera, combined two shot.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kajetan Andrzejewski
Fish eye from two shot camera, combined two shot.
on Dec 12, 2011 at 6:34:18 pm

Hi everyone,
It is able to make a fish eye effect in AE using two shot of camera, combined togheter? I know there is possibility to make a panoramical photo using few pictrure under different angle.

I have got an 3d animation, and I can render 2 camera, both showing different part of scene. So if I could combine those two camera, in theory, there should become a panoramic view. I cant for example 500 x 2cameras frames combine to panorama by photoshop or other program to make a phanoroma becouse that could take my whole live, I need to make this process easier.

Creating panorama from two picture involves a puting mesh to picture, and changing this mesh to proper shape, so two shot from different angle could be the same at the edge of the photo.

Is there a possibility to make automaticly this proces to all of my frames?
Is there a possibility to make what I need using other program than AE?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Fish eye from two shot camera, combined two shot.
on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:17:54 pm

[Kajetan Andrzejewski] "Creating panorama from two picture involves a puting mesh to picture, and changing this mesh to proper shape, so two shot from different angle could be the same at the edge of the photo."

I don't know how you're planning to use this footage, but won't you end up with multiple vanishing points? Photographers can get away with this in still photos because nothing moves, but this could look pretty unsettling in a video.

[Kajetan Andrzejewski] "I have got an 3d animation, and I can render 2 camera, both showing different part of scene. So if I could combine those two camera, in theory, there should become a panoramic view. I cant for example 500 x 2cameras frames combine to panorama by photoshop or other program to make a phanoroma becouse that could take my whole live, I need to make this process easier."

Wouldn't it be easier to change the camera in your 3D app to match the settings you're looking to re-create in post? This will also avoid the multiple perspective problem.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kajetan Andrzejewski
on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:30:15 pm

problem is in that I cant figure out how to create fish eye lens imitation in my program 3d. (its maya) It's little complicated and I have no time to learn at this moment new stuff.

but you brought to me the grat idea. I'll render these two cameras, I'll create two planes and put a texture with rendered movie to this plane and again render thees two plane using this time one camera but this time, rendered combined, moved two plane shoud give me panoramic view.

thx;]

Return to posts index

Kajetan Andrzejewski
on Dec 12, 2011 at 7:31:24 pm

problem is in that I cant figure out how to create fish eye lens imitation in my program 3d. (its maya) It's little complicated and I have no time to learn at this moment new stuff.

but you brought to me the grat idea. I'll render these two cameras, I'll create two planes and put a texture with rendered movie to this plane and again render thees two plane using this time one camera but this time, rendered combined, moved two plane shoud give me panoramic view.

not professional solution but quick, and that what I need right now.
thx;]

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:36:37 pm

Fish eye lens in Maya: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]