ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how might I alter the "fly in from bottom" text animation preset in this way?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeffrey jameshow might I alter the "fly in from bottom" text animation preset in this way?
by on Dec 10, 2011 at 9:13:14 pm

ok, I am new to after effects. I've searched but it's hard to search for exactly what I'm wondering...
I'm using AE 5.5

I am using the "fly in from bottom" text animation preset. what I can't figure out is how to make the letters come it more frequently than one by one.

here's a mockup similar to what I want to do with the motion:
http://f.cl.ly/items/2w203Y2Y053D3r3s1m0J/Image%202011.12.10%203:07:13%20PM...
(frame 1 would be the bottom frame, not the top frame).

the "random seed" setting maxed out begins to do it, but I think I'm barking up the wrong tree with that because it's at 10000 and still not drastic enough to make the letters come up a bit more grouped. direct quote from art director "They can come up more as groups from the bottom of the screen."

thank you so much for your help in advance! I've been getting creative cow in the mail for years now, I didn't enen think that they might have a forum. I see less money spent on excedrine in my future...

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: how might I alter the "fly in from bottom" text animation preset in this way?
by on Dec 11, 2011 at 2:45:31 pm

The animator presets are customizable, just a matter of learning what you need to tweak.

Start with a new text layer and apply the "Fly in from Bottom" preset.

Twirl open Text > Animator 1 > Range Selector > Advanced.

Unclick the "Start" stopwatch and change the "End" to 33 & "Offset" to "-33".

Change the shape to "Ramp Up" and the "Ease Low" to 50%.

Last click the "Randomize Order" switch to "On"

In your example you had the text moving straight up, if you want that, change the position of the text animator to "0"

As I need to actually do the steps while I'm typing, I created an animation preset of what I did. Install this and drop it on your text and it should accomplish what you want and now you know what I adjusted to create it, you should be able to tweak it to what you need.

3393_textflyinfrombottomrandom.ffx.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]