ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Cyllinder / Continuosuly rasterize text issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MacKenzieCC Cyllinder / Continuosuly rasterize text issue
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:19:24 pm

Hello...
This seems like a newbie question but I cannot figure it out. I have some text generated in AE that I have applied CC Cylinder to. This effect utilizes the comp's camera (of which there are many). Anyway, the issue I am having is that when this piece of text is zoomed in on tightly, it pixillates.

I have tried precomping the text before applying the cyllinder effect which does not have any affect. neithert doies changing the state of enable per-character 3d. Continuous raster is always an option but is not clickable. I've also toggled depth of field on cameras which didn't help.

Still attached. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Motion Graphics Designer / Art Director
Boston, MA

System:
Mac/Leopard
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
10 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: CC Cyllinder / Continuosuly rasterize text issue
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:32:33 pm

cc cylinder effectively rasterizes the text, so continuous rasterization won't work (as you've found).

you could make separate comps that are much larger each with a text layer and bring those into the main comp and add cc cylinder and get sharper results.

however, i'd try not using cc cylinder and putting the text on a circular path. this way continuous rasterization would work. there is a text preset called '3d rotate around circle' that you can use to get started. you can scale the mask path up and remove the keyframes if needed.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Mike MacKenzieRe: CC Cyllinder / Continuosuly rasterize text issue
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:46:04 pm

Yeah that seems to be working. Looks like I have some rebuilding to do. Thanks for the help!

Motion Graphics Designer / Art Director
Boston, MA

System:
Mac/Leopard
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
10 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]