ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adding effect to blender animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary guionadding effect to blender animation
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 7:35:24 pm

Hello, i am close to rendering an animation in blender 2.6. In the scene I want to have a disco style dance floor where the tiles light up different colors at different times. Seems like this would be easier to do in after effects than in blender. My question is, is this something that I could add to an animation? And if so I guess I would make a plane in blender and after its been rendered with the rest of the scene add the dance floor via after effects to it? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: adding effect to blender animation
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 8:13:43 pm

[gary guion] "Hello, i am close to rendering an animation in blender 2.6. In the scene I want to have a disco style dance floor where the tiles light up different colors at different times. Seems like this would be easier to do in after effects than in blender. My question is, is this something that I could add to an animation? "

Each of those floor lights are emissive, so they should be casting all kinds of colored light elsewhere into the scene. If you just animate them as planes, you'll miss out on these rich lighting interactions.

To more cleanly color these separately in compositing, you'll need to render separate lighting passes for each tile.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

gary guionRe: adding effect to blender animation
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 11:55:08 pm

Thank you very much for your response Walter. I am such a newbie that I have to clarify, is it best to render the passes in blender or after effects, I am very new to this and apologize for not quite understanding.
Thank you again.
Gary

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: adding effect to blender animation
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 3:13:28 pm

You'd render the passes separately from Blender, then adjust them in compositing (either with Blender's built-in compositor, or in AE). I'm a C4D user, so I can't really help much on the Blender specifics.

Here are a quick set of images from C4D to show how separate lighting passes work and allow you flexibility in compositing:

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]