ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 5.5 tracking issue when importing to Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ry
After Effects 5.5 tracking issue when importing to Premiere Pro
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:38:35 pm

Hi, I was creating a short clip of a guy getting shot (original, I know!). I added in a blood effect (.mov) and applied a motion track to it. I tested it out in the composition window in AE 5.5 and it looks perfect.

However, when I export as a Premiere Pro Project, and open it up in Premiere, the tracking effect (and blood clip) do not show up, though the layers are present and labeled in the timeline.

I assume I am missing some important step in After Effects before I export to premiere?

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Gleb Rysanov
Re: After Effects 5.5 tracking issue when importing to Premiere Pro
on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:08:29 am

Hi Robert,

Not sure how you rigged the whole thing. Most probably, you did this through a null as the tracking data carrier and then parented your blood effect to it? If so, try copy-paste of null's position values into those of the blood mov (if it shifts its position right away, no worries: you can select all the keyframes and with them selected put the blood footage back in place -- all the other keyframes will follow). In short, the idea is to get rid of parenting when exporting to PPro.
With that said, you can alway render out of AE and then use the output in PPro, taking into account that the footage in question is relatively short, I believe.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After Effects 5.5 tracking issue when importing to Premiere Pro
on Dec 8, 2011 at 2:21:48 pm

As has been suggested, render your video out as a lossless file and import that into Premiere.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]