ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Total Weirdness From after Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim hallTotal Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:12:27 pm

Ok - deep breath. I'm using new After Effects 5.5, New Mac Mini i7 8 gig ram.

I've been trying to import new photoshop files into AE and its still remembering previous ones even though I've cleared them and shut down and rebooted. When I click play the CTI shuffles at hyper speed between the start with the new image and to the half way mark where it shows the previous project's image. This project isn't in the project panel, the composition, or anywhere it shouldn't be. It's not even in the same folder.

This is way outside my experience. If there's anyone out there who can shed a light please help.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Total Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:26:17 pm

first, make sure that opengl acceleration is disabled in the preview preferences.

second, are you using any time effects like time blend, or time blend fx...? effects like those use cached frames and can get all tweaky if you don't move the cti to the first frame of the comp and hit the 'clear' option within the effect before doing a ram preview (or final render).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Total Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 10:03:32 pm

When you say "photoshop files" what are we talking about exactly? You said you are trying to play them so are these movie files you've rendered from photoshop or something? If so and they are H.264 or some other very compressed format then that's probably your problem. Render them out as QT animation or something from Quicktime and try again. If they are stills, are you bringing them in as compositions or footage? Did you try to replace a PSD composition in AE with another one that might have different layer names/structure. If you brought it in as footage, are you using layer styles? If so, turn them off and see if the problem persists. Layer styles are responsible for lots of weirdness in AE. Also, be sure the PSD files are using the RGB color mode and not CMYK.

Return to posts index

jim hallRe: Total Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 4:08:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. They were photoshop stills, brought in as a layered composition, so little bits of animation can occur. So by 'play', I meant playing the animated PSD as a pre-render in AE.

As luck would have it, I shut down tried the next day and they worked ok. If it happens again I'll bear your suggestions in mind. many thanks.

Return to posts index

David BusseRe: Total Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:41:46 am

Sorry, this is off topic, but how is your Mac Mini at running After Effects? There is not too much out there on it right now.

Return to posts index

Stjepan MilasRe: Total Weirdness From after Effects
by on Dec 22, 2011 at 12:39:10 am

I was allso wondering about your usage of Mac Mini i7 server for AE- o you find it solid and doesn't the poor graphic card result in slow and rough usage experience?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved