ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Improve your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh GoodwinImprove your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:18:37 pm

I was reading this article about using Photoshops Color Match with classic paintings:
Improve your photography with classical art.

I tried it out, its pretty simple and with a little tweaking you can do really well with it.

But, i want to do it in AE. Does anyone know of a effect or plug in that could do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Improve your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:33:16 pm

It's bundled with AE, and it's called Color Finesse. It's not as easy to use as that Photoshop recipe.

The reason: at its heart, Photoshop is intended to work on STILL images. You can do all kinds of fancy tweaking to just a single frame. But what happens when you're in AE, where it's typical to have as many as 60 images in just a second? You have to change how you do the tweaking. You might even have to adjust the tweaking over time. So AE follows a different path when adjusting colors than Photoshop.

Fortunately, there are some pretty good tutorials here on the COW on Color Finesse that can get you started. Look for a name: Andrew Devis.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Improve your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:58:26 pm

not saying that you don't want to learn color finesse, it a great color grading tool, but you could probably set up the photoshop process as an action, then do a batch operation using the action on an image sequence of your footage right from photoshop.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Josh GoodwinRe: Improve your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 9:19:19 pm

I thought about the Photoshop batch, i even made the action. But each frame needs tweaking. Basically just like Dave said this isn't ideal when dealing with multiple frames.

Color FInesse (or any of the other options) are better than the PS batch process.

Return to posts index

Josh GoodwinRe: Improve your photography with classical art /-> In AE instead?
by on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:06:34 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Color Finesse seems to be the ticket!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]