ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

C4D animation render is not smooth!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Lacerda
C4D animation render is not smooth!
on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:52:12 am

I make one animation in cinema4D, with 25 fps, 32 bits depth. Im in Brazil (should be 29.97) but this will be only for web. After effects CS5 compositing is 25 fps. The problem is that the render video isnt smooth. There are somes freezes. I tested a lot of codecs, without success. (h264, Prores. flv, half size...)

Its 1280x720. Square Pixels.

In the preview there isnt this problem, only when i render.

I think maybe render in 29.97 in cinema4D again and change all the project, but before this (take a long time), im asking for help.

Its my first post here, so please be patient. :]

Here is the link to you see how is the freezing...

I use a macbook pro i7, 4gb.

Tks

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: C4D animation render is not smooth!
on Dec 7, 2011 at 1:16:22 am

I do not work in C4D, but in 3DS Max. I always output my NTSC renders at 60fps, then bring them into After Effects at 30fps. You might want to try outputting your C4D render at 50fps - it should smooth things out considerably. Also consider adding a tiny bit of blur (or motion blur). 3D elements are notorious for looking too sharp when they're composited.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Dec 7, 2011 at 1:18:47 am

Which version of Cinema 4D are you using? I think they only just introduced support for 29.97 in R13.

Also, what are you rendering out from Cinema 4D? A Quicktime? Image sequence? I would recommend rendering your project out of Cinema as an image sequence (TIFF, for example), then import that sequence into After Effects. If you are exporting as a Quicktime movie, export Animation codec for best quality.

In After Effects make sure your rendered footage is interpreted correctly (right click footage in the Project panel and choose Interpret).

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Dec 7, 2011 at 1:21:40 am

Another quick note: do not render to h264 out of After Effects. You'll get better results if you render a Quicktime (animation codec) file from After Effects and then create your h264 file using Quicktime Pro (x264 codec is really good) or Compressor, if you have that.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:54:30 pm

It sounds like you're saying that your render from After Effects isn't smooth when you play it back. If so, this page should explain why: [link]

As others have suggested, render out a lossless file from After Effects and use the Adobe Media Encoder to make your playback (compressed) version. H.264 is a pretty good choice for web.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Lacerda
on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:43:26 pm

Very Thanks for you help!

I dont know why, but today i re-render this in apple prores 4444 (other formats seems good too) and worked without freezing! Just restarted the mac.

h264 render in after effects is really not a good option, thanks for advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]