ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Relinking a clip dynamically linked from Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
Relinking a clip dynamically linked from Premiere Pro?
on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:22:19 pm

Hi there. I have been working with dynamic link between PP and AE. I start out in Premiere and am creating a sequence with a bunch of subclips made from the same clip in my project window. It's a 35 minute clip, and I've taken clips within that clip and added in and out points to them. So basically every individual clip in the timeline has the same name since they come from the same source.

Several of the these clips I needed to 'replace with After Effects composition', which I did. However, when cleaning up my computer, I moved some of the source files to a new location as well as the Premiere Pro project. Normally, if say, a file is missing, you can replace or reload the footage from the file itself. However, the missing item is a subclip of the original clip set with in and out points in Premiere. How do I locate this original subclip from within AE? The 'reload' and 'replace' options only lead me as far as the Premiere project file, and the original file the subclip is derived from, but I can't find or choose the subclip itself to relink it. If anyone could help me with this problem, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks a million!

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]