ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adding text to a long video footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Sami
adding text to a long video footage
on Dec 5, 2011 at 1:38:45 pm

What is the best way to add a text as an illustration in the middle of a very long footage......thanks

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: adding text to a long video footage
on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:25:15 pm

What do you mean "as an illustration"?

As a general rule of thumb, if the text is of a long duration then it is better to do it in an editing software since they almost universally allow for realtime processing of text layers - or at least they render much faster than AE. Of course this assumes that any desired text effect can be replicated in the editing software.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Aqeel Sami
on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:33:10 pm

I mean when I add an arrow that follows a moving object or when trying to show the name of a person when they appear in the middle of a footage.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:58:00 pm

[Aqeel Sami] "I mean when I add an arrow that follows a moving object or when trying to show the name of a person when they appear in the middle of a footage."

You describe two different situations.

For a simple title, you can use editing software to make it. If you want to get fancy by putting a semi-transparent looping lower-third background behind the name, you can make the loop in AE, import it into your editing software, and put text over it.

An arrow following a moving object -- depending on the nature of the object, of course -- can be animated in AE, or in a 3D application if necessary.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]