ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Getting continuous, smooth movement with camera in After Effects....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clarke FlippoGetting continuous, smooth movement with camera in After Effects....
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:06:54 pm

I'm trying to achieve continuous, smooth camera movements in after effects. For example, panning up and then swooping down in one smooth, continuous movement with no pauses in between. Sort of a traveling motion. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Getting continuous, smooth movement with camera in After Effects....
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:18:34 pm

You might want to look up Andrew Devis' tutorials on 3D camera rigs here on the COW. They're a good starting point. Cameras can be very tricky.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Getting continuous, smooth movement with camera in After Effects....
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:05:22 pm

Also, you can follow the tutorial below that will help you create a great camera rig. The basic principle is to link the camera to a series of Null objects and control one parameter from one Null.
http://maltaannon.com/articles/after-effects/simple-camera-rig/

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Clarke FlippoRe: Getting continuous, smooth movement with camera in After Effects....
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 9:35:29 pm

Thanks guys! This solved my problem! Really appreciate it. The camera rig works great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]