ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe Tech Help - CS 5.5 crashing me MacBook Pro!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Brittan
Adobe Tech Help - CS 5.5 crashing me MacBook Pro!
on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:23:08 pm

CS 5.5 was working well on my 15" MacBook Pro until a revpcent update. Now, whenever is use AE, Premiere, or Photoshop (haven't tried other apps in the suite since) and do any changes or anything to a project or photo, then save it and close the app, it closes fine. But as soon as I touch the mouse at all, it makes my screen go to a light blue screen and basically crashes my Mac!

It then becomes completely unresponsive and I have to use the cmd-opt-ctrl-delete command to force it to shut down. I can then restart. Ive repaired permissions each time and it it continues to happen!

I was considering Adobe as a replacement for FCS on my main work machine (Mac Pro) and was using the new MBP to test everything out before pulling the trigger but I'm hesitating now and can't seem to find a solution.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I don't seem to see this problem for other users but maybe I'm just not searching correctly?

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Adobe Tech Help - CS 5.5 crashing me MacBook Pro!
on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:31:25 pm

I should note that the MBP is on Snow Leopard (bought it to summer and haven't used it for much else besides testing software) and has very little installed on it besides Production Premium, Avid 5.5, and FCP X (yea...I know, but I had to try it out and that's why I got this machine).

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: CS 5.5 crashing my MacBook Pro!
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:25:52 pm

You got iMovie Pro to run okay on Snow Leopard? Wow.....

The Adobe software May have nothing to do with your woes. Please tell us about this "recent update". That seems to be the point when everything went South. Details are good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: CS 5.5 crashing my MacBook Pro!
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:38:22 pm

I know, right? FCP X has some interesting things and it's not bad for some kinda cool things but I haven't used it for anything real and don't see it happening anytime soon. But hey, I'm going to learn all of them that I can now.

Anyway, this started about two weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it was right after I did a CS 5.5 update after opening an app and being told it was available.

That's the only thing I've updated lately besides Safari, and maybe iTunes.

BTW...sorry about all the typos in my posts recently...I've been using iPhone/iPad and well, that does happen! :-)

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]