ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE and C4d and Camera Tracker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoanPablo Torres
AE and C4d and Camera Tracker
on Dec 2, 2011 at 12:23:16 am

I must say thanks to all the great info on these three products in the forums, at the same time I am having some major issues.

Gear:

Laptop: Dell XPS 1645 / Intel i7 Q820 / ATI HD 4670 / 8 gigs

CS5
Foundry Camera Tracker
C4D R11.5
AE to C4D Script

I have a standard 2D clip in AE, I track it with Camera Tracker and I can add items in within AE-no problems.

I export the tracking data (via script) to a txt file. Open C4D and import it and the program freezes. I get a 'Not Responding' error and I have to use task manager to close it.

I have tried exporting the camera, the null and no luck. The null that is created has no keyframes so I don't get anything but at least C4D doesn't freeze.

Desktop:

Alienware Area 51 / Intel i7 X980 / GTX 580 / 12 gigs

CS5.5
Foundry Camera Tracker
C4D release 13 (trial)
AE to C4D Script

Same thing happens, C4D will go to 'Not Responding' with any import from any video file using Foundry's camera tracker.

-If I move a camera myself and export the data everything is cool, but of course I want the accurate tracking from complicated shots I'm working with.

Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE and C4d and Camera Tracker
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:08:56 am

There's a new AE to C4D exchange plugin for R13 [link] from Maxon (in addition to the traditional C4D to AE exchange plugin). Maybe your scene will work better with that than it does with the script?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

JoanPablo Torres
on Dec 2, 2011 at 5:20:40 am

Thanks Walter. I got the plugin from Maxon and installed it in the plugins folder of AE and I'm trying to export but it doesn't show up? What am I doing wrong here?

CS5 version to C4D 11.5

Sorry still having issues! haha. If I download the version for R13 I see the export option but of course R11.5 can't open it. The version for R11.5 is not working. Still missing something

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 2, 2011 at 6:50:41 am

[JoanPablo Torres] "If I download the version for R13 I see the export option but of course R11.5 can't open it. The version for R11.5 is not working. Still missing something"

I'm on R13; I haven't tried the R11.5 version. I'm on a Mac at the moment, but I can give it a try tomorrow when I'm back in my office in front of a PC.

Are you sure you installed the CS5 version, and not the CS4 version?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]