ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

High resolution 12960 * 1920

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bang TranHigh resolution 12960 * 1920
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 8:58:43 pm

Hi all. I'm new to AE and any help will be help. I will soon be creating content for a 12960 * 1920 video wall. I created a new compostion in AE CS5 that is the above size. When I export it to Premiere I don't know how to set the resolution to 12960 * 1920 for the prremiere project. Is it posible to do that with premiere of am I out of luck? Any help will be greatly apprciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: High resolution 12960 * 1920
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:23:26 pm

[Bang Tran] "I'm new to AE and any help will be help. I will soon be creating content for a 12960 * 1920 video wall. I created a new compostion in AE CS5 that is the above size. When I export it to Premiere I don't know how to set the resolution to 12960 * 1920 for the prremiere project. Is it posible to do that with premiere of am I out of luck? Any help will be greatly apprciated."

Premiere Pro's maximum sequence frame size in pixels is 10,240×8,192. Your AE comp is too wide to fit natively.

When working on large-format systems such as this, it's critical that you understand what your deliverable for playback will actually be before you begin work. Very few systems like this actually take in a single file; most require pre-split media for display.

This will not be an ideal project to learn After Effects with. Workflows for projects like this are not necessarily straightforward, and the massive frame sizes are very demanding on system resources.

Since you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

I especially recommend the Video Copilot "Basic Training" series that Todd links to.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bang TranRe: High resolution 12960 * 1920
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:29:00 pm

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bang TranRe: High resolution 12960 * 1920
by on Dec 5, 2011 at 4:48:38 pm

Walter thanks for the links they were the best i've seen so far. I'm a little confused about what you said "what your deliverable for playback will actually be before you begin work." Can you tell what you mean when you say deliverable for playback? Is this the type of file it will be, and what will be playing the file?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: High resolution 12960 * 1920
by on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:00:57 pm

Deliverable would refer to the file's format, codecs, and how many files it will be. As Walter mentioned, this sort of thing usually involves multiple files.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]