ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animated rows of symbols problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Gregory
Animated rows of symbols problem
on Dec 1, 2011 at 9:29:17 am

Hi there,

I'm working on an After Effects project that requires rows of 'people' symbols to animate in time with some music in a graph that's showing exponential growth of the global population.

This is what I've done so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLfAbe1u8g4

But I need to start again, what I've done for the linked composition is copy and past sections of the 'people' graphic over and over. This is time consuming and I need to work out how to achieve a clever and more efficient method of getting this done, which the reason I'm posting today.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much guys and gals

Benny

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Animated rows of symbols problem
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:55:12 pm

I think CC Repetile and Motion Tile will be good options to look into. Start with a source of either one or two symbols and then get going from there.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Ben Gregory
on Dec 2, 2011 at 9:17:20 am

A friend of mine suggested using the 'repeater' function on a shape layer. The symbol I'm using to repeat was easily re-created as a shape layer and the 'repeater' worked perfectly to a point. The project I'm working on involves having a large amount of repetitions and the repeated symbols got clipped after a certain amount. I got round it be duplicating the shape layer and positioning it next to the previous layer.

Thanks for the reply Roland

All the best

What is?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:29:31 pm

Hi Ben, thanks for reporting back. Your friend is right, Shape Layers are actually much better for this - the fact that it works in vector mode is another plus. Somehow, it escaped my thoughts when I replied to your post.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]