ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE XML export for FCP?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt CampbellAE XML export for FCP?
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:12:45 pm

I have a sequence, that is going to our AE GFX team. I've used Automatic Duck XML Export to send the edit to our GFX team. I've also, sent them the media. No problems there. My question is how do I get that edit back from them with my edits/clips in tacked but with there masks and keys in tacked as well?

Is there an Automatic Duck xml export for AE and an import for FCP, or is this not possible? Or should I just have them render out a full res clip and drop that into FCP. But if I do that and use the blade to split the section where I need the transition, how to I reapply my transitions without any handles?

Basically I have some transitions and filters (mainly the Flashframe from Too Much Too Soon) on some of the clips and I need to reapply them, once GFX is done.

OS 10.6.7, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 4 gb ram and AJA IoHD

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE XML export for FCP?
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:29:07 pm

Unfortunately, you can't put an AE project into an FCP edit timeline as you can do with Motion. Your AE folks will have to render out completed shot, transitions, etc. You can then use the footage like any other imported clip in FCP.

If the FCP project is in ProRes 422, have your AE folks render in ProRes 422. If any of the clips are supposed to have transparency, render in ProRes 4444 to preserve the alpha channel.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt CampbellRe: AE XML export for FCP?
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:45:30 pm

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I'm working in ProRes LT. I'll have them send me that or even 422.

OS 10.6.7, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 4 gb ram and AJA IoHD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]