ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I need assistance choosing optimum monitor size and resolution for using After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris HickeyI need assistance choosing optimum monitor size and resolution for using After Effects
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:56:33 pm

Hello,
I am a relatively new After Effects user. I am currently working with a 24" Gateway monitor using native resolution of 1920 x 1200. I love After Effects, but I am having a tough time with the tiny font size of the GUI (at least for my aging eyes). I understand that the font size of the GUI is not adjustable, so I am considering upgrading my monitor. My question is this, will the GUI font appear noticeably larger if I move up to a 27 inch or 30 inch monitor (i.e. Dell Ultrasharp at 2560 x 1440 for the 27" model or 2560 x 1600 for the 30" model) that runs at a higher native resolution? What monitor size and/or native resolution would you recommend for someone that is having trouble with the tiny GUI font?

Thanks.

Chris

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: I need assistance choosing optimum monitor size and resolution for using After Effects
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 5:34:21 pm

A larger monitor at a higher resolution will provide more desktop space but not bigger text on the GUI. You can get a bigger size monitor but use it a a lower resolution (e.g. 30" at 1920x1080). What I would recommend is getting a second monitor to use with your existing one. This way you can have your comp window at the highest resolution on one monitor and the rest of the interface on a lower resolution on the other monitor.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]