ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Drawing or brush mask reveal plugin / transition in AE or FCP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaya Halawani
Drawing or brush mask reveal plugin / transition in AE or FCP
on Nov 24, 2011 at 7:45:48 pm

Hey guys,
Do anyone know by any chance an AE (or even FCP) plugin or transition that can reveal a layer as if it is being drawn on top of an existing one - without needing to animate a frame by frame mask and without it looking terrible?

I got some artworks in different stages of drawing, i.e. pencil, ink, colour, and would like to give it a speed painting kind of look. The only thing is that I'll have many of these and trying to find a quick and efficient way of getting through them. I guess in case I find something and want some extra control I could always cut out certain elements of the artwork, then apply the effect / transition on each separately or something of that sort. My AE skills are pretty basic so was wandering if there's anything like this for dummies you might have come across?

Thanks,
Yaya

http://www.yayayaya.co.uk

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Drawing or brush mask reveal plugin / transition in AE or FCP
on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:07:34 pm

You can use Find Edges, Luma Keying, and Ramp to make a gradient precomp to use as the map to drive a gradient wipe transition. It may going to require quite a bit of building and testing, but it would be faster than actually drawing it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Yaya Halawani
Re: Drawing or brush mask reveal plugin / transition in AE or FCP
on Dec 1, 2011 at 4:09:56 pm

Thanks Michael,

I was hoping to find a magic solution I can purchase for a reasonable price and basically just drag and drop to get the results - make sense to have one!

In the mean time i've ended up dong it the old fashion way with a stroke.

In case anyone comes across a brush or pencil stroke transition I'd love to hear about it :-)

Cheers,
Yaya

http://www.yayayaya.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]