ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering 32 bpc project for Vimeo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Konstantin Sazonov
Rendering 32 bpc project for Vimeo
on Nov 24, 2011 at 6:00:26 pm

Hello!

I'm sorry, if for you this questions seems to be stupid, but I really can't find the answer :(

I've got 32 bpc project, with Trapcode particles there. I was working at 32bpc, I thought that AE will render AVI of it and it'll look fine.
But I lost lot of color information I loved really much.

Question: How could I render my project out properly, if I'm planning to use it after render in Premiere Pro and finally take to Vimeo?

I know, that the best for vimeo is H.264, it is 8 bpc. So how folks take all advantages of 32 bpc to vimeo?

Thank you really much for your time reading this. It's really important for me to proceed working on my project!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Rendering 32 bpc project for Vimeo
on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:40:49 pm

Make sure that in the Output Module of the Render Queue you turn off "Convert to Linear Light" for 32bit. Then you can render a uncompressed avi, edit in Premiere and compress in Encoder to H264. For best results but bigger files set keyframes at every frame when compressing.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Konstantin Sazonov
on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:09:13 pm

Thanks a lot for help, Tudor!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 26, 2011 at 2:07:24 am

[Tudor "Ted" Jelescu] "For best results but bigger files set keyframes at every frame when compressing."

Please allow me to emphasize the "bigger files" part of Ted's suggestion here.

If you use H.264 with keyframes on every frame, you must not attempt to restrict the data rate.

If you force keyframes on every frame, but also force a low data rate, you'll almost always get worse quality than if you let it keyframe naturally (because no frame can get all the bandwidth it needs to reproduce the original image well).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]