ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

9600 px wide x 1080 px After Effects project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natalie Simmons9600 px wide x 1080 px After Effects project
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:18:29 am

Hi there,
I've been asked by a client to create a clip that is 9600px wide by 1080 px high - It's basically to be played across 5 HD screens in a long line behind a bar to show a long, synced strip of an ambient scene - i.e a starlit skyline with shooting stars moving across the screens / an aquarium with fish swimming along th e width of the 5 screens etc..
I've done this kind of thing before but was able to split up the footage into separate renders each at 1920 x 1080 and then it was all synced though separate digital signage players for each screen.

However in this instance the client insists that it has to be one huge render as content on the screens will be switched over from time to time to show football etc.. and so synching would become an issue.

I have set up the comp in After Effects as 9600 x 1080 and work with proxies fine but obviously the output files are Mahooosive and I can't actually preview the files when rendered as Quicktime just gives me a blank screen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to tackle a job like this and what would be a good render format? (The digital signage software is compatible with most formats)

Oh if it helps- the specs of my mac are below:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

thanks a lot!!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 9600 px wide x 1080 px After Effects project
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:20:47 pm

[Natalie Simmons] "However in this instance the client insists that it has to be one huge render as content on the screens will be switched over from time to time to show football etc.. and so synching would become an issue."

The playback requirements for a 9600×1080 stream -- 5 side-by-side streams of HD -- are massive.

You need to find out what the playback system requires, and deliver accordingly. Most playback systems I've used prefer pre-split assets for sync rolls, too.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Natalie SimmonsRe: 9600 px wide x 1080 px After Effects project
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:32:57 pm

Thanks for answering,
I have also now spoken to the company that runs the digital signage software and am now in the process of convincing the client that the content should be split up and synced as I have done previously- phew that takes the headache out of it!
thanks for reassuring me that I wasn't dismissing something too early!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]