ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Guidelines to achieve the following graphics/aesthetics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kestas Krokas
Guidelines to achieve the following graphics/aesthetics
on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:01:27 pm

Hi all,

I am new (but excited) to visual/video design stuff so please bear with me:)

I found these guys online http://www.field.io/project/interim-camp#/1

http://www.field.io/project/muse#/1

and i was hoping maybe someone could point me to some guidelines on how this generative aesthetic graphics (or similar) is created (i have no idea if it is created on AE, but I think it can be replicated).
Where to start? what effects can be effective for this?

thanks in advance.
any tips appreciated

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: Guidelines to achieve the following graphics/aesthetics
on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:59:29 pm

I can't say for sure how they did this but it looks to my like a simulation of some sort. I think I would tackle this using some sort of fluid dynamics with varying degrees of color. I would think Maya would be good for something like this with is fluid dynamics that give you a lot of control over how color is implemented (density, temperature, speed, etc.. ). There also migh be way to create this by using displacements in 3D or flux field of some sort.

As far as how to do this in after effects, I'm not entirely sure. generally for fluid movement type things you might use fractal noise. But that would give you the perspective this has.

Using trapcode form you might be able to produce something similar. Or may be another particle plugin.

Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Guidelines to achieve the following graphics/aesthetics
on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:03:23 pm

You can achieve similar results using FreeForm Pro. It will take a combination of 3d Displacement using an animated displacement map, 3d distortion and an animated reflection map.
For 3d distortion you can search for expressions from Dan Ebberts - I believe Chris Bobotis from Mettle has posted a project file.
If you want to link distortion or displacement to music, you can use Sound Keys from Red Giant.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]