ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render breaking up half way through

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Render breaking up half way through
on Nov 20, 2011 at 2:06:36 pm

Hi chaps, iMac OS 10.7.2, 3.06GHz, 4gb ram, After Effects 9, 'Render multiple frames' OFF, HD project, progressive, no 3d, no 3rd party effects.

Hope that is enough to help, I don't normally have any problems like this but, to be honest, haven't done any AE work for a few months but have a new client.

I have a 2 minute project and the render starts breaking up about half way through, I'm rendering half-res (just to check timing within the project) and QT 'Animation' codec.

The 'interference' is dramatic ... this is a portion of a typical screen grab:

Many thanks for any advice.

Roger

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Render breaking up half way through
on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:54:44 pm

What type of source footage are you using? If it's a heavily compressed format like H.264, mp4, mpg, etc. that would be my first suspect. If so, try converting to a more suitable editing format.

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:16:33 am

Thanks Erik ... looks like that may well be it, the footage is lo-res H264 .mov that I've been sent, it's ptc, green screen, and it's for me to sue as a guide, I stick the information behind the presenter and send back the Hi-def 'project', they then 'replace' the lo-res and render. I don't really need to render but I do need to review the project for timing etc and doing a ram preview is painfully slow (I don't have a very powerful Mac) ... converting 20 bits of footage will be a pain but yes I can do that ... any recommendations codec wise please ? or is there something I can do during the render process which will achieve the same (given that said render is only for my own use) ... thank you so much for easing the pain. Roger

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:01:25 pm

I would just convert them to quicktime movies with Apple ProRes 422 or photo jpeg or something like that. You can just batch encode them in compressor in the background while you're working.

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Nov 21, 2011 at 7:13:47 pm

Thanks again Erik ... I came to much the same conclusion, thanks for the invaluable help ... I can sleep tonight.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]