ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew VanceError: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 1:29:56 pm

I'm getting this error in Adobe After Effects CS4 with an .M2TS file that is about 10 seconds in footage. There are other files before this piece of footage, but they are the same file type and they preview just fine. However, when it gets to this 10 second .M2TS file, it gives me the error "2 or more frames needed for playback" I've tried restarting and using RAM Preview from the beginning and it doesn't even render that clip. I also previewed the clip from current time and AE doesn't even bother to render it. However, when I remove the twixtor effect from this clip, it renders our just fine. The thing is, the clip I'm working on NEEDS twixtor. It's the reason I'm doing this project, which is to use twixtor in the clip. When I use twixtor on the clip it gives me the error, but when I remove twixtor it renders fine.

Computer specifications if needed:

AlienWare M11xR2 Laptop
8 GB RAM 7.8 usable
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU U 330 @ 1.20GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 335M 4.0 GB Video RAM
177.5 GB of Free Disk Space

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 4:04:26 pm

I suspect its the .M2TS format combined with Twixtor that is generating the error.

Since .M2TS is a compressed format and doesn't really contain frame information but instead is composed of GOP's Twixtor may not be able to decode the GOP to produce the frames it needs to work with.

Try converting the .M2TS to an AVI or QuickTime and apply Twixtor to that.

Return to posts index

Daniel ValdezRe: Error: RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames for playback
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:19:51 am

Your firewall causes the problem. Try disabling/switching brand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]