ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Changing opacity of multiple effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William SpitzerChanging opacity of multiple effects
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 1:02:59 am

Hello. Please bear with me because I am a beginner to After Effects. I have two video layers that I am fading between. At one point I am using the Colorize portion of the Hue/Saturation effect to cycle through the color spectrum. One layer's colorization starts slightly "delayed" so that when one is colorized to green, the other is colorized to red. The problem I am facing is that I only want this effect to be active for a certain amount of time, and when I change the Colorize Saturation down to 0, the layer has no color for the entire length of the clip. I want to somehow change the opacity of the effect so that it fades in. I cannot use something like a solid color layer because it would affect every layer beneath it, and I need both changing colors independently. I thought about using masks, but I couldn't find a way to add an effect to a mask. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Changing opacity of multiple effects
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 8:38:03 pm

If I understand what you are trying to do I would suggest just pre-composing the two video layers in two separate comps and fading between the comps. One comp would contain the two layers with effects applied and the other without.

Return to posts index

William SpitzerRe: Changing opacity of multiple effects
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 9:56:59 pm

Thanks. That's so simple I would have never thought of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved