ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can i use Duo Core 1.7ghz to edit movies

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tunde AyoCan i use Duo Core 1.7ghz to edit movies
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:01:14 pm

Hi , i have a HP duo core 1.7ghz , with 512 RAM , which am planning to uprgrade to 2GB , can i use this to work with after effects , because right now that am using 512RAM it works well with my sony vegas 10.

I will like anyone with similar experience to tell me if it is possible , also i need professional advice.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Can i use Duo Core 1.7ghz to edit movies
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:46:11 pm

if you are running a 64-bit os, then, with 2gb of ram it is possible to run ae5 and up on your machine, but it would be far from optimal if you were doing a lot of ae work.

if you wre doing fairly simple things you might be ok with it.

ae is a lot more demanding on cpu and ram than most editng systems... so they really don't equate when you're trying to compare them.

you can download the trial version to see how it operates on your machine before you buy it... i would recommend doing that so you can see if it will work for you.

here's the minimum requirements:
http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects/tech-specs.html

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Can i use Duo Core 1.7ghz to edit movies
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 4:27:47 pm

I agree with everything Kevin said.

[Kevin Camp] "ae is a lot more demanding on cpu and ram than most editng systems... so they really don't equate when you're trying to compare them."

Just to clarify, AE doesn't equate with most editing systems because AE isn't an editing system. It is not an NLE. It's an effects, motion graphics, and compositing system.

If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

I especially recommend the Video Copilot "Basic Training" series that Todd links to.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

tunde AyoRe: Can i use Duo Core 1.7ghz to edit movies
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 1:39:47 pm

Thanks kelvin and walter, i just installed a trial copy of cs4 on my pc , i could use photoshop , illustrator , adobe premiere even though it is slow, i could also use dreamweaver , after effects opened once and it crashed , when i opened it again it never worked, it was about loading , it gets to 17% of 512RAM and it crashes each time i try to open it.

So i will upgrade by weekend or next week to 2gb RAM , meaning i will buy 2GB and still retain this 512RAM and try again, if it works i will buy a 500GB HDD , then trying using it to edit a short film.

Am new to editing , can i still get HD quality with this system? If i use a pc with lesser cpu and memmory does it make the quality of my video drop? or it just makes it slower when editing , compositing and rendering.

What makes quality of videos drop ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]