ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Critical color in logo. Color profiles. Finishing on video for flash.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier de Champs
Critical color in logo. Color profiles. Finishing on video for flash.
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:38:29 am

I have a critical color in my project. There's a webpage where the video will be posted through a popup flashplayer. I´m not familiar with flash, but my client will be converting the footage to flash (could be something else than flash, but not youtube or vimeo). I will be giving him a ProRes 422 file (or maybe you guys would be recommending something else?)

The color needs to be exact, as the color is all over the webpage too, so it's critical that I get as close as I can. I've never really understood working wth color profiles in AE (when are they exported with the videofile, how does it look when client opens the file etc. etc.).

I will be importing a PDF file into the project, where I´ll be sampling the color. And of course the PDF file jumps all over the place according to which color profile I´m working in. Or should I instead get the color values in sRGB from my client (to match the website)?

For a complete color noob. What would be the correct procedure to suceed in this? Step by step.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Critical color in logo. Color profiles. Finishing on video for flash.
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:15:44 am

well i would google adobe's white paper on color management. and I could rattle on about support across browsers, viewers, but for the sake of simplicity, interpreted support is sRGB as the default color management for most browsers.

here's a fun little read which seems to be not too far off what you're probably asking about

http://gearoracle.com/guides/web-browser-color-management-guide/

Return to posts index

Xavier de Champs
Re: Critical color in logo. Color profiles. Finishing on video for flash.
on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:43:16 am

Many thanx! Things seem to fall into place in my head now :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]