ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blend Text in AFter Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie Tannenbaum
Blend Text in AFter Effects
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:41:04 am

I have a clip where people are walking on a court, and I need to blend to the text to the video. Below is a sample of the text.

Thanks in advance,
Zevie

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Blend Text in AFter Effects
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:27:02 am

Erm, I don't see any text - all I see is a slightly cracked ground. You will need to provide more images and ALSO to define what you mean by blend.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:34:13 am

I don't see any text sample in that image...

So you just want to place text over the video but have it blend a little? Try using the blending modes on the text layer - you could try Screen, Overlay, Add, among others to get the look you're after. Sometimes duplicating a layer with a blending mode applied will make it pop a little better.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Zevie Tannenbaum
on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:50:42 am

Here's a larger screenshot, I've tried all those different blending modes, nothing seems to work.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:02:01 am

i'd make a luma matte(contrasted with effect-levels) from the existing footage. this will make the ground pop through just like in real life. add, screen, with various opacities etc. if you need tracking, mocha or syntheyes.

Return to posts index

Zevie Tannenbaum
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:16:16 am

The shot is tracked and masked. Do you mind explaining again how to 'blend the text', I didn't really follow... Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:22:04 am

I think I see what you're getting at now - you want to track the text into the footage? Like Chris said, you need to track the footage and apply the tracking data to the text layer, then do a bit of roto I guess. There are lots of tutorials online for tracking (3D and 2D)

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:13:56 pm

I guess I'm not really understanding what you're trying to achieve. You've tracked the text, done your roto.

You want to make the text blend better so it looks like it's part of the scene? Try playing with some different blending modes on the text (on your text layer there's a drop-down with blending modes, Add, Screen, Multiply, etc.). If you don't see it, you may need to toggle (F4) it on.

Other than that, you could play with some colour correction, use some levels/curves/hue and saturation to get the look you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]