ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared NesiAfter Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:41:57 pm

I've been working on a full green screen video for the past few months. Everything was working fine until today. I have a bunch of comps which all are very complicated with a lot of layers. If I can't get this file working I'm going to have to start all over, which will mean I wasted months of work. What can I do to get this to work?

I think it has something to do with me doing a dynamic link to Premiere. The last time I tried to do it it wasn't loading right into premiere and I was had to force quit both programs.

I don't know what file could be corrupted but there must be something. Someone please help me.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:58:20 pm

I would try opening a previous version or auto-saved version. You could also try turning off your anti-virus software and try to open the projects. Dynamic link has been known to be blocked by some anti-virus software, in my case it was PC Tools Internet Security, which has caused all sorts of problems with Adobe and other apps.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:01:24 pm

If you have auto-saves turned on, that should be the first thing you try.

Another thing that often will work, create a new project, then import the bad project into the new one. It will import without opening any comps. This trick has saved me a few times.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Jared NesiRe: After Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:28:16 pm

I wish I had auto save turned on, I totally will from now on. And I tried the new project import trick, didn't work. It's just the one file that's doing it. Other AE files open perfectly.

I think there's some sort of file I can delete for the dynamic link thing. But I can't find it.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:24:12 pm

Also, you might try to delete the preferences for AE and PPro. That fixes a lot of buggy issues and you can always restore the files if it doesn't work so you won't lose all of your settings for nothing.

From Motionworks.com
Restart AE while holding down the Command + Option + Shift keys (Mac) or Control + Alt + Shift (Windows), and you are presented with an option to delete the preferences.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:26:15 pm

Sorry, meant to tell you to make a backup of the files first if you want to restore them if it doesn't fix your problem. I can't recall the location but just google "After Effects delete preferences" or something like that and you'll find it. Same goes for Premiere Pro. I would do them both because you don't know which one might be messed up.

Return to posts index

Tyler GrutschRe: After Effects file won't open...Stops loading at 93%
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 6:52:02 pm

The Control+Alt+Shift worked for me. I also copied my project to a different HDD and opened it there after I deleted the presets. This worked magic, I would have lost 60 billable hours otherwise...Thanks to everyone on this thread.

Tyler Grutsch
Team Lazer Productions LLC
http://www.youtube.com/user/tylergrutsch
406-396-9253

Return to posts index

by on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:01:33 pm

That's great, glad it worked out! I know that's a horrible feeling when something goes wrong like that when you are that deep into a project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]